Sunday, October 30, 2011

30 Minutes, No Technology!



No technology! What an interesting phrase. I hadn’t stopped to think about what I would do if I had no technology available. I’m surrounded by technology no mater where I go, whether it be home or work. It’s hard to imagine life without it because we are engulfed with it. Most things we use involve technology, so it’s difficult to get away from it. For a 30 minute no technology experience, I decided that the only way to get away from technology was to leave my home. I went on a 30-minute walk to a nearby park with my dog. Usually when I walk my dog, I carry my iPhone with me and listen to music, make a phone call or even browse the Internet. Even then I use technology!
Yesterday, I walked around the park and for the first time really enjoyed my surroundings. The weather was great so the fresh air felt great. I had the opportunity to watch people at the park and saw many using their phones as I do everyday. It was nice to enjoy the weather and the beautiful things that surrounded me at the park without the distraction of technology. Our park has a large water fountain with a pond, so it was nice to sit on the rocks and just relax and enjoy the view. I realize that technology has taken over our lives but that we can survive without it for least 30 minutes a day. It’s easy to forget what life was like before we had so much technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment